Smartphone Photography Workshop
You don’t need an expensive camera to take great photos.
Nearly everyone now carries the only camera they need with them on a daily basis — their smartphone.
This workshop will teach anyone — regardless of age, ability or tech-savvy — that they can take amazing photos with their smartphone.
The workshop is designed with a learning-by-doing approach and covers a mix of photography principles and some of the latest tips and tricks to using your smartphone camera.
Part One (~1 hour) – Presentation/Demonstration
- Presentation on general photography principles and tips and tricks on how to control your phone.
- I live-stream my phone screen to a projector so everyone can see exactly how I am controlling my phone camera in real-time.
- Q&A and hands-on help throughout the presentation.
Part Two (~30 min ) – Practice time
- Participants now get some real hands-on practice of what they learned and can choose from a few different photo “assignments.”
- This can be done in the room, around the building, outside, in a park, etc.
- I offer more hands-on help and Q&A as needed, and take photos alongside participants.
Part Three (~30 min ) – Editing
- I live-stream my phone screen to go over how to edit photos with the built-in editing features, as well as some advanced editing techniques using a free app.
- Participants can share photos they took with the group on the projector.
- Final Q&A and hands-on help.
With a learning-by-doing approach, this workshop can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of age, ability or tech-savviness.
The workshop is typically hosted by community libraries but can be booked by any group – just get in touch.